Ultra Clever Ideas to Organize Your Closet
As spring inches closer, our minds begin to shift toward cleaning, purging, and freshening up our wardrobes — meaning our closet gets a workover too! We’ve put together some clever ideas as you begin to organize your closet that will save you time, feel organized, and offer a sense of new perspective!
To begin, you have to turn an unflinching eye to that space – open the doors, pull back the curtain, and get ready to dig in! With new energy, let’s start by sorting out what you need and what you don’t.
- Remove everything from your closet space. This gives you a chance to sort what you have and separate shirts from pants from dresses from suits, shoes, accessories, and more. Once you have removed everything, use open space to start arranging small piles of what you no longer need and what will stay. This allows you to have a clean palette to begin reimagining your organization needs.
- Arrange items by type and consider choosing an organization system that will make sense. Try using built-ins if you don’t already have them – making way for all the items you need to store – shoes, accessories, clothing – all of it will have a place and promote an uncluttered feel. You’ll also free up space for more organizational choices.
- Consider shelving as it can be a way to alternate items like shoes and hard-to-hang items, including purses, bags, jewelry and more. Shelves can hold storage bins and baskets too which further declutter your space and help you feel more comfortable.
- Use a valet bar for planning outfits and experimenting with clothing choices. The bar can also double as a neat hanger for other accessories and is the perfect spot to set aside clothes for dry cleaning.
- Organize mindfully and with zones – for example, by season, or by style. Do you have a zone for casual clothing vs. a zone for dressier options? Consider how those spaces can work together and as a way to separate your choices.
- Hang your clothing rod higher to create more space beneath for items that can’t be stored on shelves – maybe it’s tall boots or decorative boxes that contain infrequently used items and hard-to-store nicknacks.
- Keep floors clear. When your items have a defined place, and you can tuck everything away, your floors will stay clean and clear of clutter. This creates an instant feeling of order and calmness. Doors and cabinets, bins and hooks allow for virtually everything to have a space, freeing up the floor.
Clever choices are endless when it comes to your closet and the time and money spent on a wardrobe. Not only are you maximizing your space, but you are also creating an inviting design in the process of organization.
At The Closet Works, our team of professionals can assess and assist you to find the right solution for your organizational needs. To learn more about organization and how an effective custom storage solution can transform your home, reach out to us for a free in-home design consultation. Qualified personnel with years of industry experience are waiting to help answer any questions you may have.